There will be lots of fun events coming to Hollabaugh’s in the new year! Be sure to check back frequently for announcements and dates about what’s happening at the market, for your family to join in the fun!
Our 2016 Read, Learn, Grow program was a great success. We will announce our 2017 dates in the new year, so be sure to check back often. We’d love to have you join us for Read, Learn, Grow 2017!
Read, Learn, Grow!
A great summer activity for kids, ages 3-8!
Wednesdays, from June 15 – August 3, 2016
Choose from two times: 9:00am OR 10:30am
Cost: $6.00/child/session – No registration required
Get the kids out of the house this summer for a fun time on the farm! Kids who participate in our Read, Learn, Grow program will:
- Enjoy story time each Wednesday morning at 9:00 or 10:30 to read a book about farming, fruits, veggies, insects, and more,
- Immerse themselves on the farm, reading the stories at different spots around the farm pertinent to the book of the week,
- Participate in an activity and take home something special each week – from hand-picked fruit to a hand-made craft!
- Learn not only about agriculture, but also about how fun it is to read!
Other things you should know:
- This activity is recommended for children, ages 3-8. If you have younger children, you’re welcome to bring them along, but we ask that you be prepared to remove them from the reading and activity areas if they become a distraction.
- We request that all parents remain on site during the activity.
- Read, Learn, Grow will last for about an hour each Wednesday morning.
- Each week they will take home a special treat relating to the subject of the book they read!
Read, Learn, Grow will take place at, or depart from, the retail market each week, and will begin promptly at the designated time, so please arrive a few minutes early to check in. Folks arriving late will not be permitted to join the group, so as to not interrupt the program.
- The cost is $6/child/session. Registration is not required. The event goes on rain or shine, so please dress appropriately.